Pages

Thursday, November 5, 2009

I say Topsy-Turvey Nine Patch...

ALMOST FINISHED with BORDER .....




Eleanor Burns says "Tossed 9-patch".   Here is my African-American fabric in the the making...

       Fabric cut into 5"x6" square-ish, lined up to my liking all over the floor...
.
   



I'm NOW ready to strip-piece a row of TWO squares, then I strip piece adding the THIRD Sq



Here is the back side.... I've press out the three square unit, alternate seams to left and right ...
NEXT ---   I press again to make a completed 9-paths.   ALL MY CENTER BLOCKS ARE GOLD!


I'm going to take all sixteen completed, pressed 9-patch block, pressed...
I will square each one -to an exact - idenically measured SQUARE... all same size!!!
VERY IMPORTANT.....
DRUMROLLLLL pls......




I've cut apart evenly / Up & Down / across the middle of 9-patch

to make four new units

Next Step....

Here goes the topsy-turvy....
Take the top LEFT sq... and the bottom RIGHT sq
shifting....turning
until...


I said.... until you're back to sq #1 . . .



No comments:

Post a Comment

Sew blessed ~ my Friend . . .

They Told Us: Lymphoma 8-31-2009

They Told Us:  Lymphoma 8-31-2009

Zippers How-to

Copyright