Pages

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

OK WORLD>>>>>> Just in

Sunday, November 15, 2009


The Best Sweet Potato Pie by Leah Chase of Dooky Chase Restaurant, New Orleans 
CHECK OUT --- www. shesimmers.com    I googled for other recipes and this picture.....
 
 




file://But/ it was a simple e-mail from my professional... down home girlfriend's recipe....

SWEET POTATO PIE

1. buy two or three large sweet potatoes, I purchase the big ones, they are less stringy.(purchased from Home town or Otwells grocery. They have the best orange skin potatoes.


2. boil the potatoes whole after you wash them.,(sometime I add one white potato) fork to test doneness, peal while hot(the skin will slip off easily)


3. I mash with a stick of real butter while hot, place in my mixer and whip them:
• every time you raise the handle of the mixer, with a fork, strain, get the strings out.
• When all of the strings are out, I put back in the mixer,
o add 14-1 can of milnot,
o add one cup of sugar for each potato.


If this is not sweet enough add more sugar to taste,
• I add a dash of lemon juice,
• add 3 teaspoons of nutmeg,
• 2 teaspoons of cinnamon, and
• I tablespoon of vanilla.
If you want more nutmeg, you can add a little at a time. If you need more milk add more milk.
• Then at 2 eggs per potato.
This is what makes your pie light and holds together, the milnot is what makes it fluffy, so, if the filling is thin, that' great.
You can make your pie crust or purchase from the store the Ritz pie crust that you roll out in your pan. Or you can buy the Mrs. Smith or Ritz frozen pie crust. If you buy these, I always re-pinch the crust when I put the filling in

• Bake it at 375 degrees, delicious

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sew blessed ~ my Friend . . .

They Told Us: Lymphoma 8-31-2009

They Told Us:  Lymphoma 8-31-2009

Zippers How-to

Copyright