Pages

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Genealogy a'Quiltin

A recent reading by Dee Parmer Woodtor noted that genealogy is about a time, a place and perspective and a firm resolve to learn. This embodies the reason why I quilt and cherish my grandparents quilts and hand-me-down household items... like the washboard and big-ol'black boiling pot.

Who remembers a hot water bottle??? There's a red one stuff back in the linen closet. I won't throw it away.... What - why.... well the dictionary says...A hot water bottle is a container filled with hot water and sealed with a stopper, used to provide warmth, typically whilst in bed, but also for the application of heat to a specific part of the body." hmmmmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sew blessed ~ my Friend . . .

They Told Us: Lymphoma 8-31-2009

They Told Us:  Lymphoma 8-31-2009

Zippers How-to

Copyright