Pages

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

    COMFORT
And just where do you think I find comfort and peace of mind?

Sewing is the craft of attaching objects using stitches made with a needle and thread.  Even before spinning yarn or the weaving of wool into fabric......The act of sewing is believed to be the oldest of the textile arts.... Stone Age people sewed fur together to make clothing using bones, antlers or even ivory objects...shaped to pull thru a "THREAD" made of an animal part (sinew, cat-guts, or the stretchy, strong veins)
      So it is that sewing is a thing of comfort and beauty!

How is comfort defined?

  1. state of being comfortable: conditions in which somebody feels physically relaxed
  2. comfortable thing: something that makes you feel physically relaxed
  • As a Verb (used with object):  comfort means to soothe, console, or reassure; bring cheer to!



    This is what I see as a rather unusual picture of Mary McLeod Bethune..... a 20th century educator and pioneer!  It's a somewhat younger photo, her hair is nicely pinned back, her clothing is upscale, lace on her sleeves..... with a heart shaped necklace.... I wonder if it were children or a good man that she loves.  It's a studio setting as she gazes....  she carried many a burden.....


    "Remember the word to Your servant, upon which You have caused me to hope.
    This is my comfort in my affliction, for Your word has given me life."  Psalm 119:49-50


    My inspiration today for hope and comfort!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sew blessed ~ my Friend . . .

They Told Us: Lymphoma 8-31-2009

They Told Us:  Lymphoma 8-31-2009

Zippers How-to

Copyright