Pages

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Finishing a Cathedral Window....

My 14-inch completed cathedral window square is made up of four sewn-together 7 inch" little pressed blocks........then I have hand-sewn 24 little 2inch colorful fabric squares for a finished block...WHEW!!!
This particular square has really been my depression companion  ...  lots of down, dopey, prayer thoughts and feelings....   when I've felt like giving up.... I stitched on and on.... step by step, one at a time.... coming close to perfection.... and making it to the end!
  


Then it is so neat....   to take a blank page in my life...via the next 7" square .....starting a new one....  there's hope and beauty to be attained in my life!
 Actually, I had driven to browse an antique shop... picked up a pretty little 1920's TAM..little hat... and with all the down feelings.... I shot 4-5 self portraits with a smile.....   Just trying to make it... PTL!
II Corinthians 4:17 verse:  For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory (!!)

1 comment:

  1. Bev,

    You have some patience! I love the one circle with the black girl!

    Best, Kyra

    ReplyDelete

Sew blessed ~ my Friend . . .

They Told Us: Lymphoma 8-31-2009

They Told Us:  Lymphoma 8-31-2009

Zippers How-to

Copyright