Thursday, September 20, 2012

Finished My "DOT DOROTHY" for Friday Post 1

Just finished up the measuring tape... a soft orange dotty print.... Paper-pieced Hat Lady.... I just might try to turn her lips upward into a smile next time.  She is a 10" block... with additional borders...  !!!


Thanks - fellow blog quilters.... Such a treat to participate in the Dot-to-Dot QAL!
I wish my camera had depth and greater brightness to the orange... I used a batik for flesh coloring of the skin.... all shades of orange for the eyes, hair and lipstick.... I love the accuracy and detail of paper-piecing... just a few fun hours of creative work!!



. . . and yes (ps) it is my hand-quilted cathedral quilt on the guest bed!
 

Copyright

Zippers How-to

Fine Clothes on a Brown Belle

Fine Clothes on a Brown Belle
CV Embroidery Class 07-18-09

They Told Us: Lymphoma 8-31-2009

They Told Us:  Lymphoma 8-31-2009