Pages

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Lovely Ann Lowe ~ My Black Star & Extraordinary Seamstress


Shall I label Ann Lowe as simple, petite, classy lady born in Alabama..... a skilled fabric artist/fashion designer who later lived in Tampa Florida.

Her eyes were on the prize of the Big City lights of New York!  Ann Lowe delighted in couture quality gowns that rivaled the best French designers.  Her works of art - her gowns reside in the Museum @ Fashion Institute of technology, the Metropolitan Museum of Art.... and I'd like to venture back to the Smithsonian National museum of African American History and Culture to the the famous Jackie Kennedy gown.

I googled around and round the sweet --- engaging picture of a black seamstress.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sew blessed ~ my Friend . . .

They Told Us: Lymphoma 8-31-2009

They Told Us:  Lymphoma 8-31-2009

Zippers How-to

Copyright