Pages

Friday, February 13, 2015

Quiltin is Meaningful Work ~ ~ It does a body good ! ! !

Just casually reading an article....   the statements and view were not brand new to me.... but somehow quite encouraging and refreshing.

Pronto - - - I'll run back to my sewing room tonight.... my haven of peace!

Jillynn Stevens, Ph.D. quoted the findings from the University of Glasgow that studied a local quilting group and found that "Quilting seemed to possess some distinct properties for enhancing well-being that would not be replicable through outdoor/physical activity."   Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/8297639

Still browsing and Pinteresting.... yesterday.... this color scheme was outstanding to me.... my sense of color!  I always say.... wow this would look good in fabric/art quilt!

The article I was reading further stated that "When you're happy and doing something you love, your brain gets saturated with dopamine and serotonin, otherwise known as happy chemicals-especially when you're doing "meaningful work" using your hands. According to Kelly Lambert, PhD and a member of the neuroscience department at Randolph-Macon College, quilting complements these conditions perfectly.

2 comments:

Sew blessed ~ my Friend . . .

They Told Us: Lymphoma 8-31-2009

They Told Us:  Lymphoma 8-31-2009

Zippers How-to

Copyright