Pages

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Why do I love to piece . . ? ? ? Peace & Tranquilty

My husband plays solitare on his cell phone (with a football game on TV -- no less) !  I reach for fabric.

His dad has myleofibrosis....  rare... 1 out of 100,000 in US. 

WHY DO I LOVE TO PIECE?   It's the only tangible thing (besides my children) that I can mold, make, create --- yes even control the pace at which I piece together the bits and pieces of my life.....  and I see a pattern of repetition appearing... small and then bigger and bigger.  The peace I obtain .... is always rising out of the sea!  There are black skies with clouds and wind.....   but in my heart I hear a sound of the abundance of rain coming forth!!!

1 Kings 18:41-45 (New King James Version)
Then Elijah said to Ahab, “Go up, eat and drink; for there is the sound of abundance of rain.” So Ahab went up to eat and drink. And Elijah went up to the top of Carmel; then he bowed down on the ground, and put his face between his knees, and said to his servant, “Go up now, look toward the sea.”
So he went up and looked, and said, “There is nothing.” And seven times he said, “Go again.” Then it came to pass the seventh time, that he said, “There is a cloud, as small as a man’s hand, rising out of the sea!”
So he said, “Go up, say to Ahab, ‘Prepare your chariot, and go down before the rain stops you.’”  Now it happened in the meantime that the sky became black with clouds and wind, and there was a heavy rain. So Ahab rode away and went to  Jezreel.      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sew blessed ~ my Friend . . .

They Told Us: Lymphoma 8-31-2009

They Told Us:  Lymphoma 8-31-2009

Zippers How-to

Copyright